How to create a customer statement in QuickBooks
Create a customer statement
- Go to Sales and select Customers.
- Select the checkboxes for the customers you want to make statements for.
- In the Batch actions dropdown ▼, select Create statements.
- In the Statement Type dropdown ▼, select the customer statement type:
- Balance Forward: Lists invoices and payments with outstanding balances for a specific date range.
- Open Item: Lists all open, unpaid invoices from the last 365 days.
- Transaction Statement: Lists all transactions for the selected date range.
- Select the dates for the statements and the date range.
- Review the customer’s email addresses.
- Select Save, Save and close, Save and send, or Print or Preview.
Tip: If you make changes to a transaction on a statement, the statement will automatically update to match.
View current customer statements
- Go to Sales and select All Sales.
- Select the Filter ▼ dropdown.
- In the Type dropdown, select Statements.
- Select the date range from the Date dropdown.
- Select the customers you want to see statements for from the Customer dropdown.
- Select Apply.
To delete a statement, open it and select the Delete option.
Customise your statements
There are a few customisation options for statements:
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Account and settings.
- Select the Sales tab and go to the Statements section.
- Select Edit ✎.
- Select List each transaction as a single line or List each transaction including all detail lines.
- Select the Show ageing table at bottom of statement option.
- Select Save.
If you have any questions please give us a call and we will guide you through the process.